- Blender home
- Operating Systems
- Open Source
Blender is a free 3D design tool that can be used in a both personal and professional way.
Following the style of 3DStudio, Blender will allow you to make your 3D modeling, add light effects, NURBS surfaces and more:
- Interface completely flexible and adaptable to your needs.
- Integrated text editor to make footnotes and edit Python scripts.
- Polygon 3D objetcs, NURBS surfaces, bezier and B-spline curves, metaballs, vectorial fonts (TrueType, PostScript, OpenType).
- Playing and editing audio, mixing and synchronizing it with the image.
- Really fast raytracer.
- Environment maps, halos, lens flares and mist.
- Graphic editor to set the interactive behaviour without having to do any programming.
- Collision detection.
- All types of GL lights are supported, transparencies included.
- And many more features that you’ll have to discover yourself.
Blender is a program that you should take into account if you like 3D design. Surely once you use, you won’t be able to stop.