- Instagiffer home
- Operating Systems
Instagiffer allows us to create animated GIF files from video files, Youtube videos or screen recordings.
Animated GIF files are composed by a succession of static images, displayed one after the other, creating an animation or motion. These GIF files are treated as images and not as video files, so can be embedded in web pages, chat rooms, or any other system that accepts images.
With the rise of social networks, it has become fashionable the creation animated GIF files of short duration and shocking content or humorous or sensual, etc. To create this kind of animated files, we usually make use of image editors software. The following software fills a gap in the world of animated gifs creators, because its unique feature is the creation of animated gifs directly from videos.
Instagiffer allows us fast and easy creation of animated gif files. We will be able to use a video file on our hard drive, or the URL of any Youtube video to create an animation. We may even be able to create an animated GIF of a zone of our desktop, since there is the option of capturing the desktop.
Once we've selected the video source from which we want to create the animation, we must adjust a series of controls to create the animated GIF that we have in mind.
The first thing we need to do is to locate the starting point of the video where we want to start our animation. Once we know the exact time of the start, we must enter it in the program, indicating the minute and second. After that, we must indicate the animation duration. This duration is measured in seconds, since this type of animated gifs tend to be short, between 3 and 10 seconds. Once we've configured the start point and duration, we will be able to preview the video's selection that will be converted to animation.
Now we can set the following parameters:
- Smoothness: This option indicates the number of frames per second (FPS) that we want to include in the animation. For example, if our animation lasts for 3 seconds, and we set 15 FPS (Frames Per Second), the animation will be composed of a total of 45 images. This will result in a very soft animation but with big size. However, if we set the animation to 3 FPS, the file will contain 9 images, which will cause the animation to be more abrupt but saving size.
- Image size: this option sets the animation resolution. If we move bar to the right, resolution will increase. If we do so to the left, the resolution is reduced. We will be able to see which is the exact resolution if we look at the number just below the preview image of the animation. More resolution means bigger file size.
- Quality: here we are going to adjust the quality that will have the images that compose the final animation. If we reduce the quality, we will see as the images fade in color, it reduces the number of colors on the screen, and the decrease of the definition. Also this option will influence the final size of the file lively. The higher the quality, higher size of the file.
- Brightness: this option is used to adjust the level of brightness of the animation.
- Playback speed: here we are going to adjust play speed. It will create sensation of fast or slow motion.
- Effects: this option allows us to apply some visual effects to the final animation, such as: black-and-white, sepia, oil painting, etc.
A section that highlights Instagiffer, is in the subtitle, because we can easily create subtitles with different font types, in various locations and at different times of the animation.
When you click on “add subtitles” you will see the following options:
- Text: we must input the text we want to display on the screen.
- Font, size, and color: with this option we choose font type that we want, the size and the color. When we choose a font type, we'll see a sample of the same at the bottom.
- Style: we can choose bold, underline, italics, etc.
- Blinking: if we want the text to blink on the screen, we can choose blink speed.
- Position: we've several positions where we can place text: top, center, bottom, left, right, etc.
- Start and end Frame: here we are going to determine the frame that shows the text for the first time, and the “frame” in which it disappears.
Once we have all the parameters configured, we must click on the button “Create GIF”, and the program will generate a .gif file with the animation that we have designed.
If the resulting animation exceeds a certain dimensions, or size, the program will display a notice indicating that we will not be able to upload that animation to Imgur or Tumblr.
Without a doubt, this software will delight those who love to create gif animations from the videos, because it is easy to use, and allows us a wide range of configurations, without forgetting that the software is free.